There are endless types of diets. Among them, there is an almost universal constraint: carbohydrates, popularly known as sugars. This is because these substances act as “fuel”, ensuring that the body has enough energy to perform all the basic functions. So, these foods end up favoring the accumulation of fat, which can turn weight loss more difficult, right? Not so much.
The absence of carbohydrate in your body can lead to hypoglycemia, which is a decrease in the level of sugar in your blood. This phenomenon can cause mental confusion, difficulty at performing simple day-to-day tasks, palpitations, tremors, excessive hunger, cold sweat, anxiety and tingling in the hands and mouth. In addition, when we cut carbohydrates from our daily menu, our body stops the fat burning and, as we lose weight, it only loses lean body mass – which includes the muscles. The metabolism also slows down, making weight loss more difficult.
Abolish the carbohydrates cause more disadvantages than advantages. Realizing this, a São Paulo endocrinologist decided to create a diet of balanced carbohydrates, which is extremely healthy and nutritious, while enabling weight loss.
How does it work?
As the name suggests, the premise of a balanced carbohydrate diet is to allow the consumption of foods considered weight loss enemies – such as bread, rice and pasta – with protein and fiber that will slow down the absorption of carbohydrates in the body. This way, the metabolism will process these foods before they turn into fat effectively. With this method, sugars will fulfill their function of providing energy and also contribute to weight loss.
To enhance the effects of diet, some tips are very important, like: to drink at least 1.5 liters of water daily, so the ingested fibers are better utilized by the body. It is also important to speed up the metabolism. This can be done with short spaces of about 3 hours between each meal, and with regular physical exercise. With this system, you can lose 1 to 1.5 pound per week.
The only restriction in this diet diet is the consumption of sweets and soft drinks. It is recommended to replace these foods with fruits and juices. It is noteworthy that before beginning any diet, it is essential to go through a consultation with a nutritionist you trust. Remember that diabetics and coeliacs (people intolerant to gluten) should not stick to diets, in general.
Are you interested in trying? Learn how to set up a menu of balanced carbohydrates with the following suggestions:
You can consume the following carbohydrates …
– Dairy, such as milk, yogurt or mainly curd, which has a low glycemic index. Bet on skim and light versions of these foods;
… Since combining with food such as:
– Cereals without sugar;
– Coffee with sweetener;
– Always prefer brown bread. However, to fight that urge to eat a French bread, consume
it with a slice of some white light cheese, tofu or scrambled eggs.
– Vegetables are released at will. Abuse of broccoli, kale, chard, cabbage, lettuce, cauliflower, watercress, tomato and carrot;
– With all the vegetables, white rice is released. Coarse rice at least two to three times per
week for better diet results;
– Lean proteins must always be present on your dish. Chicken, fish and red meat with low fat levels are the best options.
– For dessert, always choose fruit.
– For dinner: always lighter meals. Invest in vegetable soups, which can have noodles and rice, as long as you put a lot of vegetables on it;
– Fish are excellent, because in addition to being sources of protein, they have significant amounts of Omega 3, which lowers the bad cholesterol. If you are looking for practicality, is worth to invest in easy recipes, such as a pie or vegetables soufflé with tuna, for example;
– Natural Sandwiches, always with vegetables and chicken or tuna.
– A balanced diet of carbohydrates always demands two snacks: in the morning and in the afternoon. Depending on the time you are used to dining, you can also have an evening snack;
– Soy milk;
– Vitamins with oats or flaxseed;
– Yogurt light;
– Fruit, when combined with some lean protein – such as turkey breast, for example;
– Cereal bars.
Always remember to consult your doctor and do additional tests before starting a new diet. After that, just set up your menu and start your new routine! The nutritional education is the first step to a healthy and happy life.